Monday, December 05, 2005

5/12/2005

Again I sat watching the trial of Saddam , it looks like this is going to be one hell of a soap opera : delay, interruptions and cheering in the court room . I know this is a third world country trial ,but can’t that sweet sweet judge tell the suspects to respect the court and be quite ,when others are trying to talk ? .
Anyway the real shimmering star of the trrial this time was Barzan Saddam’s half Brother, the major suspect of Al Dijale carnage , he wrote very reasonable notes and was discussing every one of them with the judge , he was even asking for his own witnesses .. No, no what ever you say Barzan by far surpassed his Big Brother, who stood telling the same old story of how they did not give him a pen for the tenth time . Barzan said he is a lawyer himself although , he added: I did not practice like you your honor …. He was even interrogating the witness himself at a stage ... But, alas no matter how civilized he tried to seem ,he could not keep his temper, he occasionally exploded in frenzy and yeld at the witness …: You jerboa , go back and chop some date palms .. he spat at someone sitting somewhere in the room , banging on the table gesticulating , no, no he made an effort that must be said .
The trial will be resumed on Wednesday. It will be the topic of discussion wherever you step , some will see him as ( a hero : did you see how he stood and shouted ; what a macho ), others will remember all the agony, pain and smells of the dungeons and see him as ( the living proof on the existence of a God above ) .

Truth is seldom simple as you see …..

My advise is to hire a copy of Nuremburg starring Alec Baldwin and …. ; Enjoy .

1 Comments:

Blogger mewmewmew said...

Hopefully, one day, Baghdad will be as peacefull as the North. People will return from their self imposed exile and our efforts will not have been in vain. Although I am a worlds away and have no knowledge of the situation on the ground (except what I read and see in the news (which I don't much believe) and what I read in Iraqi blogs (which I do very much believe) I still have HOPE.



Hopefully, one day, Baghdad will be as peacefull as the North. People will return from their self imposed exile and our efforts will not have been in vain. Although I am a worlds away and have no knowledge of the situation on the ground (except what I read and see in the news (which I don't much believe) and what I read in Iraqi blogs (which I do very much believe) I still have HOPE.



bargains
email lists

8:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker