Tuesday, November 29, 2005

The Trial

..” Please , allow me to speak , may I just clarify one thing, I did not sleep the other night cause I sat writing an appeal to you your honor …..” that is what he said ..
Please !!!! May I !!!! Was that really the brutal Dictator that terrorized us, and used to scare the living day lights out of me.
Yes, my friends Life is like a stormy sea one wave raises you so high you can almost touch the clouds ,while another wave plunges you down flat on your face.
I always used to believe firmly that to judge a person you have to know him when he was strong and triumphant , only then one shows his true colors , yet when defeated and weak , anyone becomes meek , vulnerable , even kind .
The next morning me and the gang at office were discussing the trial , one said
- why was the Judge so polite? why did he not exercise more authority in the court . The rest of us thought that the Judge was very civilized and impartial and that is how it should be actually : - Yes but that butcher showed no mercy to anyone when he was at the top .
- Well lets say that it is his good luck that he has such a trial : Yeh, he was always lucky and got away with anything ,including invading other countries ,using chemical weapons and turning everything he touched into ashes . Even now he is finding people defending him under the excuse that life has become even more rotten now.
Now that is lucky , minds are changing in his favor , many have already forgotten what used to happen then , having witnessed the horrors of the present . Any way we concluded our forum in the office , recalling when his brother Barzan was saying …His Excellency the president of Iraq .. ,most of us thought he was referring to his brother , but he continued …Mr. Jalal Talabani , Well well , his own brother has come to terms with it , so why don’t the rest.

1 Comments:

Blogger mewmewmew said...

Hopefully, one day, Baghdad will be as peacefull as the North. People will return from their self imposed exile and our efforts will not have been in vain. Although I am a worlds away and have no knowledge of the situation on the ground (except what I read and see in the news (which I don't much believe) and what I read in Iraqi blogs (which I do very much believe) I still have HOPE.



bargains
email lists

8:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker